UK Intermediate Mathematical Challenge (2008)
Daniel James pupils who have achieved awards in this year’s United Kingdom Intermediate Mathematical Challenge (2008) are:
* Raymond Welsby, Silver Certificate, Best in School, Year 10
* Amy Halfpenny, Bronze Certificate, Year 9
* Sophie Green, Bronze Certificate, Year 9
* Joshua Howells, Bronze Certificate, Year 9
Previous Year’s certificate winners of the United Kingdom Junior Mathematical Challenge were:
* Danielle Kostromin, Bronze Certificate, Year 9 while in Year 8
* Kirsten Devlugt Bronze Certificate, Year 9 while in Year 8
The UKMT Maths Challenges are lively, intriguing papers designed to stimulate interest in maths in large numbers of pupils. They are tests of reasoning and mental agility. The levels cover the secondary school range and attract over 600,000 entries from over 4500 schools and colleges. The Junior and Intermediate Challenges are aimed at the top 35% of pupils in each year group.
For more details see:
This news item was posted by Mr Ray Evans.